From The Palace to your Chamber
Your chambers are steeped in history. Chambers in which, you will retire under a sky of craftsmanship that narrate timeless tales. Sink into a bed of royalty, reminiscent of the Mysore Maharajas, admire the intricate carvings on the ceiling, the wall panels and furniture inspired by Mysore and Hoysala architecture.
Each Coach of the “The Golden Chariot - Pride of The South” has been named after the dynasties that ruled Karnataka - Kadamba, Hoysala, Rastrakota, Ganga, Chalukya, Bhahamani, Adhilshahi, Sangama, Shathavashna, Yudukula and Vijayanagar.
• Fully air-conditioned cabins.
• 26 twin beds, 17 double bed cabins and 1 cabin for the physically challenged.
• Vanity / Writing desk.
• Every cabin is equipped with Wi-Fi, LCD television, DVD with 6 satellite channels, wardrobe, vanity/writing desk and private bathroom with luxurious amenities and accessories.
Nala and Ruchi - Two Restaurants
A Culinary tour of fine taste.
Nala named after a king and legendary chef from the times of the Mahabharata. Ruchi, a name that means fine taste in Sanskrit. The two restaurants serve a spread of vegetarian and non-vegetarian culinary delights.
• Interiors inspired by the timeless aesthetics of Hampi and Halebid.
• 4-seater and 2-seater dining cabins with comfortable sofas and chairs.
Madira - The Lounge Bar
Spirit for your soul.
Timeless like the spirits we serve, Madira, the mythical drink of the gods in the lounge bar aboard The Golden Chariot - Pride of The South. Pour yourself fine spirits as you unravel your soul, as you watch performances of local artisans. Celebrate the journey into timelessness as lilting music uplifts you.
• Relaxing and elegant seating at bar.
• Plush and royal interiors modeled after the Mysore Palace.
Where modern day royalty does business.
The Golden Chariot - Pride of The South Conference Coach can seat up to 30 business leaders and gives you lessons in history and leaves with a vision for the future.
• Seating capacity of 25-30 guests. • 42 inch LCD television.
• High-speed internet surfing area.
At the Ayurveda centre, Spa and gym on The Golden Chariot - Pride of The South, discover age old traditions and cures to modern day stress.
• Two massage rooms for an out of this world rejuvenation experience.
• For those who prefer a local flavour - Ayurveda massages are provided.
• Fully equipped gymnasium.